“If you’re a software developer in 2022 who doesn’t have one of these in your test lab, you’re making a silly mistake.”- Gabe Newell
Galea is a hardware platform developed together with Valve company that merges next-generation biometrics with mixed reality. This is the first device that integrates EEG, EMG, EDA, PPG, and eye-tracking into a single headset. The Galea hardware will be integrated into existing AR and VR head-mounted displays. By combining this multi-modal sensor system with the immersion of augmented and virtual reality, Galea gives researchers, developers, and creators a powerful new tool for understanding and augmenting the human mind and body.
We continue working with OpenBCI and help them to integrate new devices like Galea.
Benefits of BrainFlow which make it great for hardware development and for end users:
- powerful API with many features to simplify development
- Straightforward API for data acquisition
- Powerful API for signal filtering, denoising, downsampling…
- Development tools like Synthetic board, Streaming board, logging API
- easy to use
- BrainFlow has many bindings, you can choose programming language you like
- All programming languages provide the same API, so it’s simple to switch
- API is uniform for all boards, it makes applications on top of BrainFlow almost board agnostic
- easy to support and extend
- Code to read data and to perform signal processing is implemented only once in C/C++, bindings just call C/C++ methods
- Powerful CI/CD system which runs integrations tests for each commit automatically using BrainFlow’s Emulator
- Simplified process to add new boards and methods